Saturday, November 29, 2008

Land Rover Part III The Conclusion or is it?


Okay,,So she is back together no leaks,,A few extra screws left over so the job is done right. I cleaned her interior, windex the windows and took her to the car wash to suds up n wax her finish. The car wash machine ripped the antenna off,,,,hahahahaha, Okay you win I am but putty to the marvels of your engineering excellence. Think I'll go for a ride tomorrow along a cliff near water and See how she holds the road. I'm not Scared she should be. Who knows maybe she will end up on a car lot waiting for the next girl to catch her eye and draw her into her dark web,, Peace time to veg out and drink some wine and watch a Viennese waltz and cozy up by the woodstove until sleep over takes me.

4 comments:

alan said...

Having been through some cooling system issues of my own on my d-i-l's Buick these last few days, I am glad you met with success in this. The first heater core I ever did was like this one, in a '68 LeSabre, and I ended up with everything out of the dash except the speedometer cluster before I could get the HVAC box off the inside of the firewall...how I envied those with Fords that had the trapdoor on top of the cowl!

Congratulations!

alan

Jenna said...

Giggle,,The Rover lost,,I bought a Mercury Mariner today, One of those Last Laugh deals to be sure.
But my sentimental side wants to cry,,I miss it already. Did I mention how much I loved that lil car.

alan said...

Dad spent a lot of time trying to convince me I couldn't keep them as pets...it's still awfully hard not to try, though!

alan

Jenna said...

I use to collect them as pets,,,but I changed over to catamarans instead and have three at this point,,,, One for each of my personalities,,,hahahahaha